All Patients Need a Primary Care Physician
Benefits to Having a Primary Care Physician and Medical Home for Your Overall Healthcare
There are many benefits to having your own personal primary care physician and ‘medical home’ – a place you access all of your healthcare services:
You will be happier and healthier: A primary care physician helps you maintain your optimal health by helping you prevent illness and by expertly managing acute and chronic illnesses, including conditions like the flu, sinus infections, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, depression, and many more. Primary care physicians help you get the right care at the right time!
You will save time and money: Primary care physicians reduce your overall healthcare costs and help you get the right care when you need it most. Patients with a primary care physician miss fewer work days, avoid costly duplicated tests/treatments, and save precious time when health issues do arise.
What is a Family Physician?
A family physician is medically trained to provide comprehensive healthcare to everyone — male and female — from birth through old age. Family physicians provide personal healthcare services that are:
- Individualized to you and your specific healthcare needs
- Comprehensive (acute conditions, chronic illnesses, and behavioral health issues)
- Focused on prevention, which keeps you healthier and happier
- Coordinates your healthcare with sub-specialists, hospitals and others when needs arise
- Relationship-based and lifelong – your family physician knows you, your history and your family
*** Please contact your insurance provider prior to contacting the primary care physician of your choice to verify coverage
*** SGRA is engaged in patient centered care coordination. Further details on primary care coordination are available on this website.